If you should get bored of wandering through the souks in Marrakesh (which I doubt), a great escape from the lively, loud city would be the Agafay desert. The desert is located just an hour’s drive from Marrakesh and offers a contrast from the bustle of Marrakesh.
Agafay desert dinner
An ephemeral dinner in the Agafay desert a few miles away from Marrakech feels just like an “EXOTIC PLACE”
2-Day Guided Agafay Desert Tour with Camel Ride:
- Overnight guided tour to the beautiful nearby Agafay Desert
- Atmospheric night out under the desert stars in a bivouac
- Authentic camel ride through the dunes to arrive in style
- Stunning scenery & commanding views of the Atlas Mountains
- Delicious traditional cuisine freshly cooked in camp
- Guided tour to the Agafay Desert.
- Camel ride in Agafay desert.
- One night accommodation in a luxury desert camp.
- Aperitif and Agafay dinner on day one, and breakfast on day two.
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your Marrakech city center hotel or riad.
- Live tour commentary provided in English.
- Meals and beverages not listed as Inclusions
Know Before You Book
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary.
- Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Marrakech hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
You can cancel free of charge until 72 hours before your reservation starts. After that time, no cancellations, changes or refunds will be made
From Marrakech to the ‘Agfay desert’ camel trip and dinner
After breakfast your chauffeur will drive you to the Agafay desert, approximately 30km south west of Marrakech. Your accommodation will be at Agafay luxury camp, a small Eco-friendly encampment, where you will stay in traditional rustic but luxury tent with en suite facilities set amongst olive trees. The cuisine and service is superb.
There is also a hot tube. Lunch will be provided on arrival. You are free to enjoy the afternoon at your leisure, exploring the area by camel trip or foot, or enjoying the various activities on offer.
A candlelit Agafay dinner makes an excellent end to the day and the night sky, with no light pollution, can be outstanding.
Agafay Desert, Marrakech
Wedding in Agafay desert Marrakech
in a gorgeous Berber tents to share a traditional Moroccan diner, punctuated by belly dancers, fire spitters, Berber musicians and acrobats.
Later on, the party started with a groovy performance , a very famous Moroccan soulman, who set the dancefloor on fire. Man, how this crew knows how to party… Well, you’ll see that for yourself if you care to scroll down a little… ; )
Team building in Agafay Desert: